Bayonne Ham Parcels
By Catherine B
Fine French delicacies await you in Aquitaine. Renowned worldwide for its Duck Confit and Foie Gras, it also boasts the mouth-watering Bayonne ham and luxurious Perigord truffles. Plum trees can be found far and wide and the fruits are used in many dessert dishes, such as gateau moelleux aus prunes (plum cake).
- 8 thin slices Bayonne ham
- 60g Roquefort
- 60g Mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 15g raisins
- 6 Walnut kernels
- 1 chicory
- 12 strands of chives
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the chicory into four and cut it into 1 cm pieces.
Cut the Apple into cubes. Mix all with 30g of crumbled Roquefort, lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, grapes and walnut kernels cut into pieces.
Mix the mascarpone, cream and the rest of Roquefort, add pepper. Add 4 sprigs chives.
Criss-cross the slices of Bayonne ham.
Garnish with a spoonful of filling in the centre and drizzle the mixture of cream and mascarpone.
Close the Bayonne ham parcel by folding the ham slices, and then tie with two strands of chives.
Serve fresh with the rest of chicory salad.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.6/5 (146 Votes)