Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside
- 1kg of Marie Piper potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Big pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Fill a large bowl with water and add the salt.
Peel the potatoes and slice in thin lines with a width of a bout 1cm
Place in bowl of water and leave to absorb salt for 5 minutes. In the meantime, heat the oil in a frying pan.
Check the oil is ready before frying.
Fry chips for 10 mins until pale yellow and raw in the middle.
Drain oil from them and place on thin cotton cloth.
After 5 mins of waiting, fry them again until bright yellow and completely cooked.
Serve with any dip you want
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (243 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)