Chicken - Back Seat Chicken and Rocket Risotto
I do all the cooking normally, but now and then, Jane does me her speciality – a risotto. I cook them too...but she does them better. We divide the labour well in our house and she is happy that I do all the cooking and food shopping – but it is bliss when she takes over and cooks one of her specials.
- 1 onion
- 75 gm unsalted butter
- 400 gm arborio risotto rice
- 2 chicken thighs cooked skinned and meat stripped off
- 1.2 litres of chicken stock brought to a simmer and kept there
- 2 handfuls of rocket roughly chopped
- 2 tsps crème fraîche
- Glass of a good white wine
- 50 gm parmesan grated
- Black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Fry onions in half the butter til soft.
Add rice and toast it well til it is sizzling and opaque.
Then add the wine and boil for a minute to evaporate the alcohol. Start to add the stock. A ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and making sure the rice absorbs all the liquid before adding any more.
The mixture will gradually become smoother and creamier. After 15 minutes or so, when the risotto is ready, add the chicken. Stir round for another 5 minutes.
The rice should be still a little firm to the bite. Now stir in the rest of the butter, the rocket, crème fraîche and the parmesan. Add a little black pepper to taste.
Take off the heat and leave to rest for two minutes.
Serve to a hungry and waiting audience who will thank you lots and lots for cooking it for them!!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (470 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.