Mustard, parmesan & herb-crusted leg of lamb
By AudrEe , blog Sain Gourmet
- 1 leg of lamb (ask your butcher the exact cooking time)
- 40g parmesan
- to grate
- 5 heaped tbsp strong mustard
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 15 chives
- fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (or dried)
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 20g breadcrumbs or stale bread
- 2 cloves of garlic
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 115mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Place your leg of lamb in a dish (preferably take out the fridge one hour in advance).
Wash and chop the parsley. Wash or thaw the chives and chop well. Peel and chop the garlic. Grate the parmesan.
Combine the herbs, parmesan, breadcrumbs, garlic and add the mustard last to bind everything together.
Spread this mixture over the entire outer surface and all edges of the lamb. Add a small glass of water in the bottom of the dish and bake for 10 minutes.
Lower the oven to 160 degrees and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.
When the lamb is cooked, cut into slices, and serve hot with pilaf rice and crisp fried vegetables.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)