Lamb with a rosemary crust, barigoule of artichokes
- 4 lamb fillets 110g each
- 400g flour
- 200g sea salt
- 100g egg whites
- 200g water
- 1/2 bunch rosemary
- 50g smoked bacon
- 1 bunch artichokes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 fennel
- thyme and laurel
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 10cl white wine
- salt and pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
The salt crust:
Mix the salt, the egg whites and the water together with the crushed rosemary. Roll out the dough on a sheet of baking paper and reserve in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Sweat the smoked bacon with olice oil and add the artichokes, cut into quarters. Add the peeled carrots, cut into slices, the fennel, the garlic, the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Deglaze with white wine and leave the juice to reduce by half. Add water and cook for 10 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and remove from the heat.
Season the lamb, spread over some mustard and place the lamb on the crust. Cook in the oven at 220° for 10 minutes.
serve the lamb in it's crust on dinner plates, accompanied with the vegetables.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Slow cooked lamb 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.