Butter Chicken with Lentils
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- pinch of cayenne
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken pieces
- 3/4 C dry green lentils
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 4-5 cardamom pods
- 2 large onions
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 can tomatoes (28oz)
- 3/4 C yogurt
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 C cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all marinade ingredients together. Marinade chicken at least 40 minutes (preferably overnight).
Cook lentils in 2 C water for 30-40 minutes. Drain.
Melt 1 tbsp butter, and brown marinated chicken. Transfer to a plate.
Melt remaining butter, and add curry powder and cardamom. Cook 1-2 minutes.
Add onion to curry & cardamom mixture and cook 3-4 minutes before adding ginger and garlic.
Add tomato, yogurt, cream, garam masala, lentils, and chicken. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve on bed of basmati rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (155 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.