Healthy Chicken Parmesan
Baked chicken breast in a tomato basil sauce covered in Parmesan cheese.
- 1 can organic no salt added tomato paste
- 1 can organic sliced stewed tomatoes
- 1 pack of 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 16oz pack of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Rinse 4-6 chicken breasts in cold water. Use a large skillet or frying pan to pre cook the chicken breast with olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes on med-high or until majority of breast is white.
While chicken is cooking, in a medium mixing bowl add all other ingredients EXCEPT the parmesan cheese, stir and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350.
Lightly spray a glass baking dish with olive oil spray. Set the chicken breast into the dish so they have at least a 1/2 inch between each.
Pour ingredient mixture on top of the chicken breasts. This should be enough to cover 4-6 breasts as well as to have the entire mixture in the bottom of the glass baking dish.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of each of the chicken breasts. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
Serve with sauce from bottom of baking dish.
Always get a temp on meats or poultry with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached proper temperature.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.