Jenny's original recipe bolognase - the best home-made bolognase sauce you will ever taste!
- Mince Beef (small packet)
- Spagetti or pasta of your choice
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Beef Oxo Cube
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- Lea & Perrins
- Mixed Herbs
- Grated Cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil a large pan of water. Add the spagetti or pasta of your choice and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Fry the mince in a pan untill brown. Drain the fat and put back in the pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until golden. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, oxo cube, mixed herbs & lea & perrins and stir until mixed well. Bring to the boil whilst stiring occassionly. Turn the heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Drain the spagetti and serve a good mound with a good helping of bolognase. Add a generous sprinkle of cheese and enjoy!
A generous splashing of Lea & Perrins gives this dish its intense rich flavour.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (165 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.