This will warm you right up on cold days!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 chopped and peeled onion
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped up
- peeled and chopped potatoes
- peeled and chopped swede
- 400g of chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a large sauce pan and add all the vegetables (not the chopped tomatoes)
Fry gently for 5 mins.
Dissolve the stock cube in 900ml of boiling hot water.
Add the stock with the chopped tomatoes into the saucepan with the other vegetables.
Simmer them gently for 15-20 mins until the vegetables are tender.
If you don't want your soup chunky try placing blending it.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar) 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Swede and Bacon Gratin 2.9/5 (148 Votes)