Saag Aloo Style Cheesey Chips
A pleasant surprise - combining an Indian favourite (saag aloo) with a night out favourite (cheesey chips) - makes an impressive and delicious accompaniment to many meals.
- 500g New (Baby) Potatoes (others kinds are acceptable)
- 500g Spinach
- 300g Tomatoes
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander
- 6 Tablespoons Curry Power
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- Grated cheddar cheese (amount varies on size of baking tray)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil potatoes until cooked throughout and cut into cubes
Start with an olive oil base. Add and blend tomatoes and spinach to make sauce. Add 4 eggs and oil and blend mixture together. Add garlic and spices and mix well.
Mix sauce with potatoes.
Oil a loaf tin or deep baking tray.
Fill chosen container with enough potato to cover the bottom. Cover with cheese. Add another layer of potato and then another of cheese. Repeat until container is full. Cover with cheese and crack two eggs on top.
Bake in oven at Gas Mark 5/180 degrees for at least 25 minutes, the longer it is baked the better the flavour. For 20 minutes before removing from oven turn heat up to Gas Mark 8/230 degrees. The top of the break should be crisp
For alternatives, the meal same set up can be used with chicken. Or both can be combined to make one easy meal.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (204 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Rhubarb 'Cube cakes', raspberry... 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Taco Soup 2.9/5 (152 Votes)