Really Simple Fruit Tarts
By john french
A delicious dessert which looks impressive and tastes good too
- Sweet Pastry
- 225g Plain Flour
- 110g Butter
- 80g sugar
- 1 egg
- Fresh fruit of our choice eg. strawberries and raspberries
- 2 tablespoons redcurrent jelly gently warmed
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the flour and butter into a bowl and rubbing together to make fine breadcrumbs
Add the sugar
Add the egg and enough milk to make a soft dough
Chill for 30 minutes wrapped in clingfilm in the fridge
When chilled roll out pastry and line your tart tin or tins.
Prick pastry well with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
Bake at 190 for 20/25 min until golden brown. Allow to cool fully and turn out.
Just before serving heat the redcurrent jelly gently in a saucepan. check the sweetness and add a little sugar if necessary.
Allow the jelly to cool slighly whillst you prepare your fruit.
Place fruit in the pastry case/cases and pour over the warm jelly. Serve immediately with cream or icecream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (242 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (135 Votes)