APPLE & ALMOND CAKE
It looks like a bakewell tart when finished however, a tasty surprise. My friends love it.
- 275g=12oz flour
- 3 large organic eggs
- 175g=6oz butter
- equal amount of S.R. flour
- 25g=1oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs plus a little milk if needed
- 50g=2oz ground almonds
- almonds flakes for topping.
- three large cooking apples
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Line a 9 inch flan tin
seive flour with finger tips gently mix butter to flour
add eggs mix quickly
put in the fridge for 30 mins to relax pastry
slice apples leave in water with a little lemon juice until needed.
Put marg & sugar into mixing bowl
add the rest of ingredients mix well.
Remove pastry from fridge roll out on a floured board blind bake for 15 min. gas no 4. E .180
remove from oven place sliced apples on the base
add cake mix. .add almonds flakes on the top
cook for one hour
Gas no 4.
electric no 180
Allow cake to cool before removing from the tin.
It can be served with custard, soft ice cream or cream . Yummy yummy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Cherry Bakewell Tart 4/5 (33 Votes)