Spiced Bean Burgers
A vegetarian wonder with cucumber pickles, buttered mushrooms and wilted spinach, shared from the blog http://whiskandknife.wordpress.com/
- 125g canned butter beans
- 1 small carrot
- 5 pitted black olives
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp extra-hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt (or less if you don’t like salt)
- 1 pinch mixed spice
- 1 medium onion
- finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup panko or dried breadcrumbs
- to dust
- Vegetable oil
- for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Sautee the onion and garlic with a little oil over medium-low heat till onions are soft and translucent. Set aside.
In a bowl, mash butter beans coarsely with a fork. Then, add in all the remaining ingredients as well as the softened onion and garlic. Mix well to combine.
Shape into 2 large patties, or 4 smaller ones. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to help the patties firm up.
Dust the bean burgers with a thin layer of cornflour before cooking. Heat up vegetable oil in a pan and fry the bean burgers till they’re golden and crisp on the outside. Alternatively, bean burgers can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours until frying.
Serve them hot on toasted burger baps with your favourite salad leaves or choice of relish!
Buttered sliced mushrooms and pickled cucumber slices go great with this burger!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)