Baked Chickpeas Patties
Looking for quick, easy and filling dinner recipe? Well these baked chickpeas patties will answer all your question. Just use these patties in your burger buns with some salad and voila you have one tasty dinner meal ready.
- 1 can of chickpeas (250 grams)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 3 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (optinal)
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1 Tablespoon.)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Start by preheating the oven to 400F/200C
Drain the chickpeas and rinse well.
Place the garlic in a food processor, and pulse a few times to chop it roughly. Now add the onions, the chickpeas, the parsley, cilantro, cumin, and coriander and lemon juice to the food processor. Add the salt, the red pepper flakes, flour and the baking powder.
Cover and pulse until the mixture is well combined. Do not over mash, it should be chunky.
Now drizzle about a tablespoon of the olive oil onto a baking sheet.
Form the patties into 1-1/2-inch rounds and flatten slightly with your fingers. Place on the oiled baking sheet. Brush the upper side of patties with oil.
Bake in the preheated oven 15-18 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
Turn and bake another 5-7 minutes until browned on the other side.
Serve hot with chutney of your choice
If not using canned chickpeas, then soak chickpeas overnight. Next day boil it.
The patties can be kept in fridge for hours before baking.
I chose to bake, where else this can be toasted on pan or even fried.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (229 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Kale and Chickpeas with Blood... 3.3/5 (137 Votes)