Roast Turkey With Cheese & Craker Crust and Beetroot Gravy
This recipe is absolutely delicious. The turkey is top with a cheese and cracker crumbs crust and roast in the oven till the crispy. It is serve on a bed of spinach with sweet baby beetroot turkey gravy. It is suitable for weeknight dinner or as an alternative to Roast turkey Christmas dinner.
See on Blog
- 2 pieces turkey steak (about 150g each piece)
- 1 small red chilli ( chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 100g grated cheese
- 8 Ritz Cheese crackers
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 100g cooked baby beetroots
- ½ small red pepper ( chopped)
- 100ml rich turkey stock
- A handful of spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, onion, chilli, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add turkey steak and marinate for1 hour.
Transfer the marinated turkey steaks onto a plate.
Place the Ritz crackers in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin and break the crackers into fine crumbs. Add in finely grated cheese.
Place the turkey steaks on a baking tray. Press the cheese crust on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Add a sprig of rosemary on top.
Roast the turkey steak on the centre of the oven at gas mark 5/ 190C for 30 minutes until the turkey s cooked and the crust is golden brown
Cut one beetroot into fine strips. Set aside for garnish. Place the beetroot and red pepper in a processor. Add in turkey stock. Pulsate for 30 seconds. Pass the sauce through a sieve. Heat the sauce in a pan.
Cook spinach in a pan of salty water for 1 minute. Drain.
Put a few spoonful of beetroot gravy on a warm plate. Arrange the cooked spinach in the centre. Place the cheese crust turkey onto of the spinach. Drizzle with beetroot gravy. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and beetroot strips.
This dish is lovely served with roast potatoes and cranberry sauce as an alternative to the traditional Roast Turkey Christmas dinner
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.