Chocolate Truffle Cake
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large saucepan, cook the milk, butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture until smooth. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well (batter will be thin).
Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in confectioners' sugar and cream until smooth.
For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread ganache over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (261 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Christmas Truffles with Amaretto 4/5 (99 Votes)