Scrumptious Cinnamon Pecan Carrot Cake
This recipe takes our much-loved traditional favourite, Carrot Cake, adding cinnamon and pecan nuts to give it that extra something special.
- 75g soft butter or margarine
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 3 tbsp. low-fat natural yoghurt
- 200g wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 75g pecan nuts
- finely chopped
- 175g carrots
- finely grated
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g soft cheese
- 4 tbsp. icing sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm square cake tin with a little butter or margarine.
Put the butter or margarine, sugar, yoghurt, flour, baking powder and eggs into a mixing bowl and beat together.
Then fold in 50g of the pecan nuts, the grated carrots, orange zest and cinnamon, mixing until the dough is smooth.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
Bake in the centre of the oven for about 30 - 40 mins.
For the Icing:
Beat the soft cheese with icing sugar and the lemon zest until light and fluffy.
When the cake is cool, spread with the topping and sprinkle over with the remaining pecan nuts.
Cut into squares and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)