- 150g/5½oz butter
- plus extra for greasing
- 300g/10½oz digestive biscuits
- 1 vanilla pod
- seeds scraped out
- 1 lemon
- zest and juice
- 200g/7oz caster sugar
- 50g/1¾oz cornflour
- 850g/1lb 4oz full-fat cream cheese
- 375ml/13fl oz double cream
- 4 large free-range eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Put baking parchment on a 23 cm/9 in cake tin
Crush the digestive biscuits and melt the butter in a medium saucepan
Mix the butter with the biscuits
Tip into the prepared tin and press the crumbs down firmly and evenly to form a bottom crust.
Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool completely.
Place the vanilla seeds, lemon zest and juice, caster sugar, cornflour, cream cheese and cream in a large glass bowl and whisk together.
Add the eggs continually whisking until the mixture is smooth
Pour onto the baked base and make sure it is even.
Wrap the outside of the tin in if you are concerned about the tin’s water-tightness.
Place the cake into a bigger baking tray containing 2cm/1in hot water.
Bake in the oven for 1½ hours or until the cheesecake is golden-brown and just set.
Leave in the oven for at least 2 hour or overnight
Get everything ready before hand and don't measure everything at the points your need them.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Skittles Cheesecake 3.5/5 (171 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Chocolate Cheesecake 3.8/5 (96 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 3.8/5 (106 Votes)
- Marshmallow Rocky Road 3.9/5 (66 Votes)