No-fuss vietnamese Pho
- 2 litres chicken or beef stock
- 5cm of grated ginger
- 2 onions - cut in half
- 1 lemongrass stick
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli - finely chopped
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- zest of 1 lime
- 1tsp curry paste
- 1 handful of green beans
- 1 packet of tenderstem brocolli
- 3 baby pak choi
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 2 nests of fine noodles
- 1tsp fish sauce
- 250g rump steak
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Quickly fry the onions, garlic, chilli and curry paste (5 minutes maximum) in a large saucepan.
Add the stock with the grated ginger, a bashed up lemongrass stick, 3 cloves of grated garlic, a finely chopped red chilli, 2 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick and the zest of a lime. Simmer for 30 minutes
While this is simmering, pan fry the strips of beef until brown outside and still rare in the middle. Leave to rest for 5 minutes and then slice thinly.
When the mixture is almost done simmering remove the star anise, lemongrass and cinnamon stick. Then, add green beans, pak choi, tenderstem brocolli and any other green veg you want. Also add the fine noodles and 1tsp of fish sauce at this point.
Place the bean sprouts in a bowl, cover with the stock mixture and add the thinly sliced beef on top.
Finally, top with some chopped coriander, slices of lime
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (413 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Thai Green Beef Curry with Eggplant 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Yellow Chicken Curry with Potatoes 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.