Beef Chili Con Carne
Tasty ways with mince beef
A great to use mince up for family meals at the end of the week!
- 450 grams Minced Beef 1 Diced Onion
- 1 Can Kidney Beans 1 Can Oxtail Soup
- 1 Green Pepper (optional) Beef Stock Cube
- Garlic (optional) Oil
- Chilli Powder
- Hot Chilli Sauce (Piri Piri etc)
- Fresh Chillies.
- The above seasoning depends on how hot you like your chilli; I use the powders more for colouring & tend to use a hot sauce or fresh chillies for heat. If you don’t like it too hot try a couple of teaspoons of chilli powder.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the oil in a pan, brown the mince, onions & garlic, add the soup and bring to the boil, stirring.
Add the drained kidney beans, diced green pepper and seasoning.
Turn the heat down and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
Serve with boiled rice & or salad, crusty bread
For a change serve the Chilli on a bed of mashed potato.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.