Beetroot, Raisin & Stem Ginger Pudding with Bart Spices
- You’ll need:
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 100g vegetable suet
- 80g dark brown sugar
- 100g raisins
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 50g self raising flour
- 1tsp Bart ground mixed spice
- 125g plain cooked (vacuum packed) beetroot
- 3 eggs
- 100g stem ginger
- finely chopped
- To serve:
- Crème fraiche or vanilla ice cream
- You will also need:
- 1 ½ pint pudding basin
- well greased with butter
- Baking paper
- string & tin foil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Pour the golden syrup into the greased pudding basin and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the suet, sugar, raisins, breadcrumbs, flour and Bart mixed spice.
Puree the beetroot in a food processor, add the eggs and blend together well. Pour into the mixing bowl, along with the stem ginger, and stir thoroughly.
Pour the mix into the pudding basin and pat well down with the back of a spoon. Cover with a layer of baking paper and tie securely with string, then cover with a double layer of foil.
Carefully lower the pudding into a large pan of hot water, ensuring the water comes no further than half way up the basin. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 3 hours, checking every now and then that there is plenty of water in the pan, topping up if necessary.
Carefully take the pudding out of the pan, remove the foil and greaseproof and invert onto a serving plate. Serve with custard, crème fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Cold Beetroot Soup 5/5 (63 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (227 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (49 Votes)