Cherry Marshmalow Fondant
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows (450g / 13 cups)
- 2 pounds powdered sugar (900g / 7 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons liquid - water
- colouring OR cherry juice reduced to 4 tablespoons by boiling.
- (shortening for greasing the bowl etc.)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the marshmallows and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 1 minute, until the marshmallows are all melted. The mixture will expand. Stir to incorporate.
Grease the dough hook and bowl of your mixer really well with shortening.
Put about 3/4 of the powdered sugar to the mixer bowl and add all of the melted marshmallows and the cherry juice. Mix on low speed for a few minutes then check the consistency of the fondant. It will probably still be a little sticky at this point. If it is, add some of the remaining powdered sugar and mix again for a minute or so. repeat this step until the fondant is firm and neither dry or sticky.
Turn out on to a clean, firm work surface and knead by hand just for a minute until there are no flecks of dry powdered sugar remaining. Wrap in cling wrap and let the fondant rest for at least an hour before using.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (452 Votes)
- Instant Custard 4.7/5 (128 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (249 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (95 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)