Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
Satisfy your cupcake cravings with these fancy treats!
- 120g butter
- 300g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 250g plain flour
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180C.
Grease two muffin trays (12 hole)
Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl.
Add eggs, buttermilk, red food colouring and vanilla into the mix.
Add the bicarb and vinegar.
Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir well.
Evenly spoon the mixture into a greased cupcake tray.
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Cool in the tin set over a wire rack.
When cool, ice and decorate.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Chocolate rainbow cake 3.1/5 (186 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (87 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (160 Votes)