Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 1/8 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 12 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- melted then cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 10 ounces of Kraft caramel squares
- 3 tbsp. of heavy cream
- Sea salt for sprinkling
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square pan; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of your standing mixer, beat the melted butter and sugars on medium speed until combined.
Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels and heavy cream. Microwave on high until the caramels are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
Press half of the cookie dough into the pan, smoothing the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Pour the hot caramel over the dough cookie dough and spread into an even layer, leaving some empty space around the edges. Sprinkle the caramel lightly with the sea salt. Drop the remaining cookie dough in spoonfuls over the caramel and gently spread the dough with a spatula until the caramel is covered. Sprinkle the bars with additional sea salt (optional.)
Bake the cookie bars for 30 minutes, or until the tops of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan.
Cool the bars on a wire rack to room temperature, then refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the caramel layer to set. Cut into squares and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Instant Custard 4.7/5 (130 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (155 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.3/5 (147 Votes)
- good and proper steak pie 4.1/5 (89 Votes)