Simple Apple Crisp
A delicious dessert for after dinner.
When your low on time but want something tasty, this simple apple crisp is the answer to your after-dinner prayers.
- 3 apples
- 280g (10oz) self raising flour
- 115g (4oz) sugar
- 170g (6oz) butter
- 50g (2oz) oats
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 200°C.
To make the crumble mix flour and butter with a fork or hands until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the oats and mix. Then add half of the sugar and mix.
Peel and core the apples then cut each apple in to four pieces than cut untill you have small diced pieces.
In a ovenproof dish, put the diced apples in and sprinkle the remainder sugar over evenly. Spread crumble over top evenly.
Put in the oven for 40 minutes. When cooked leave to cool for 15 minutes and serve.
You can use normal eating apples instead of cooking apples, if you like.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (466 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Santa Melting Moments 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crumble 3.5/5 (131 Votes)
- Warming Apple Crumble 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- White Chocolate Macarons 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Salted butter caramel filled... 4.1/5 (41 Votes)