Caramel Apple Crumble
Fantasticly sweet muscado caramel and apples topped with crumble made with muscavado sugar
- 2 bramley apples peeled and cut into cubes roughly 1cm2
- 250g plain flour
- 250g muscavado sugar
- 150g butter
- 2 tablespoons water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place 200g of the sugar and water into a saucepan and put on a medium heat. Once sugar starts to melt turn to low heat so as not to burn the caramel. At this point add your apples, allow them to simmer very gently until fruit is soft but not mushy. Place in an ovenproof dish, and set aside to cool
To make the crumble, put the remaining sugar abd the flour into a bowl and mix, then add butter, using your fingertips fold the butter in and rub mixture into a crumb.
When ready for the oven, gently put the crumble onto the apples being careful to place loosely and not to pack it on to the apples. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 35 minutes, checking that the crumble doesnt over-brown.
Allow crumble to cool slighlty before serving, then enjoy with cream or ice-cream!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Apple and Blackberry Crumble... 3.8/5 (101 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crumble 3.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Caramelised apple millefeuille... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Mini Millionaire Shortbread 3.3/5 (119 Votes)
- Chocolate caramel brownies with... 3.4/5 (133 Votes)