- 2 Large Tins (400g) of Condensed Milk
- Shortbread Base:
- 453g Self Raising Flour
- 340g Plain Flour
- 226g Corn Flour
- 680g Butter
- 226g Sugar
- 200g Cooking Chocolate (Milk or Dark to own taste)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Place the condensed milk in a pan of water and bring to the boil
Cook over a medium heat for 3.5 to 4 Hours (add boiling water as required - do not allow to boil dry)
Cool for at least 3 hours or overnight
Heat oven to 160 deg C/325 / Gas 3
Melt butter and mix with all dry ingredients
Press lightly into trays to desired thickness (usually 5 to 8mm for Caramel Shortbread)
Prick all over with a fork
Bake in the center of the oven for 35 to 40 mins until firm to the touch and lightly browned
When shortbread is cool, open tin/s of condensed milk and spread over the shortbread
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel and leave to cool.
Just before set cut to portion size
Put in the fridge to set fully.
For best results make the caramel the night before and leave to cool overnight.
This recipe makes a lot of portions. You can cut all ingredients in half to make smaller amount.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (144 Votes)
- Caramelised apple millefeuille... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Chocolate caramel brownies with... 3.4/5 (133 Votes)