Hot cross-bun treacle tart
- 350g shortcrust pastry
- 300g golden syrup
- 150g hot cross buns
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- zest of an orange
- 2tbp single Cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 190°C and place a baking tray in the oven. Line a tart tin with pastry and prick with a fork. Chill in the fridge whilst you prep the filling.
Whiz the hot cross buns in a food processor.
Pour golden syrup into a small pan bring to a simmer then pour over breadcrumbs, add egg zest, ginger, cinnamon and cream.
Pour filling into prepared pastry case.
Cook for 35mins until golden
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Mixed Spice Biscuits 3/5 (188 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)