Cinnamon apple cake
Perfect recipe for any occasion. Christmas is a very good time for this recipe. It is light yet gives the aroma of Christmas experience
- Serves: 14
- 250g (9 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 100g (4 oz) butter
- 350g (12 oz) apple sauce or purée
- 2 tablespoons treacle
- 150g (5 oz) sultanas
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 65mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease and flour fluted or straight sided cake tin.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter until fluffy. Mix in apple sauce and treacle.
Gradually add the flour mixture and beat well to moisten. Fold in the sultanas.
Pour into prepared cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until skewer inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean. Cake will not rise to top of the tin. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from tin and cool on wire rack.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Toffee Apple Cupcakes 3.6/5 (158 Votes)
- Mixed Spice Biscuits 3/5 (188 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Mayan Hot Chocolate 3.3/5 (142 Votes)
- Apple, Walnut and Cinnamon Cake 3/5 (138 Votes)
- Apple Cake 3.4/5 (97 Votes)