Caramelised clafoutis with flambéed cherries
- 450 g fresh cherries
- 4 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 80 g flour
- 140 g sugar + a little to caramelise
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 g butter + some to grease the moulds+ a little to fry the cherries
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the mixture a little in advance: Beat the eggs with the sugar and salt. Add melted butter, flour and end with the milk. Keep in the fridge.
Wash and hull the cherries. Sauté 5 minutes in a little melted butter. Heat the Kirsch and flambé the cherries.
In lightly buttered individual moulds, placed on a rimmed baking tray, arrange your cherries with the juice from the pan. Pour over the mixture from the fridge. Pour a little water in the bottom of the baking tray so that the water level is halfway up the moulds. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool. Before serving, sprinkle with sugar and caramelise under the grill for 3-4 minutes maximum.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Clafoutis with berries and mint 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Little cherry heart cakes 3.1/5 (93 Votes)