Chickpea pasta salad with basil
- 1 tin of 250 g chickpeas
- 2 tomatoes
- seeded and chopped
- 1 small spring onion
- finely chopped
- 3 tbsp basil
- 250g pasta
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- A little chilli powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the pasta. Drain and mix with the drained chickpeas.
Prepare the dressing by mixing the oil, garlic, vinegar, a tiny pinch of chilli powder and pour over the chickpeas and pasta.
Leave to cool and refrigerate.
Just before serving, add tomatoes, onion and basil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (64 Votes)