- - 6 thick slices wholemeal country bread
- - Tomatoes
- - 300g mozzarella
- - 2 cloves garlic
- - 6 tbsp olive oil
- - 20 leaves basil
- - salt
- - pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Peel, seed the tomatoes and cut them into thin slices. Cut the mozzarella into slices. Toast the bread in the oven on one side.
Leave to cool before rubbing each slice with garlic on one side.
Place on a plate, toasted side down. Drizzle with half of the olive oil. Divide up the tomato slices on the slices of bread. Add the mozzarella slices on top.
Place under a hot grill for 3 minutes.
Serve warm with a few basil leaves sprinkled on top and the remaining olive oil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (359 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Scotch Eggs 4/5 (90 Votes)