- - 6 thick slices wholemeal country bread
- - Tomatoes
- - 300g mozzarella
- - 2 cloves garlic
- - 6 tbsp olive oil
- - 20 leaves basil
- - salt
- - pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel, seed the tomatoes and cut them into thin slices. Cut the mozzarella into slices. Toast the bread in the oven on one side.
Leave to cool before rubbing each slice with garlic on one side.
Place on a plate, toasted side down. Drizzle with half of the olive oil. Divide up the tomato slices on the slices of bread. Add the mozzarella slices on top.
Place under a hot grill for 3 minutes.
Serve warm with a few basil leaves sprinkled on top and the remaining olive oil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Special fried egg 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli with Toasted... 3.3/5 (124 Votes)