Christmas hazelnut shortbread
- 250 gr of flour
- 100g butter
- 125 gr of sugar
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk to glaze
- food colouring
- 2 squares of chocolate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix in a large bowl the flour, yeast, sugar and ground hazelnuts. Add the butter and eggs and work with a fork. Then knead with your hands into a ball and add a little cinnamon.
Form three balls of dough.
In the first ball add food colouring (the colour of your choice-i went for green to make the trees).
In the second, melt two squares of chocolate and knead well until the colour is uniform.
The last ball you can leave plain.
Roll out the 3 balls and cut out the Xmas shapes and brush over with egg yolk. Place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 180 degrees for 8 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (164 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (141 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (152 Votes)