Santa's train cake
- The sponge:
- 3 eggs
- 250 g of caster sugar
- 250 g butter
- 250 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- icing sugar
- round caramels
- little people figurines
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
For the cake: Mix the sugar with the softened butter. Add the egg yolks and mix. Add the flour. Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. Stir in the whites gradually. Be careful not to break them.
Butter and flour a loaf tin. Then pour in the batter. Bake at 180 ° C for 40 mins.
Once the cake is cooked, let it cool and then unmould it.
Cut sections of 6 cm long. Then cut a third off the top of each section, except one, to make the carriages. The section that you did not cut, start cutting off the top like the carriages, but only cut half way, then cut up, like in the photo, to make the locomotive.
Then decorate your train whichever way you like. Christmas characters on the train, caramels for wheels, licorice for logs and marshmallows for cargo...For the snow, sprinkle icing sugar.
The rest is up to you and your imagination :)
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Macaroons 3.7/5 (111 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars 3.6/5 (98 Votes)