Gingerbread sponge cakes
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 star anise
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 25g plain flour
- 150g rye flour (or wholemeal)
- 25g potato starch
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 15g of brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice (or spice mix for gingerbread)
- 100g manderin marmelade (or bitter orange)
- 2 eggs
- 80g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C/ gas mark 4.
Heat the milk in a small saucepan, add the star anise and infuse for 10 minutes. Remove the star anise.
Heat the honey over low heat.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and the spices.
Add the honey and marmalade to this mixture while stirring with a spatula. Add the eggs, the softened butter and salt, stirring continuously. Add the milk and mix until you get a smooth paste. Fill the cake tins and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180-190 ° C.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- How to Make Fairy Cakes 3.7/5 (114 Votes)
- Sprinkles Fairy Cakes Recipe 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Little Damson plum filled sponge... 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Perfect Fairy Cakes Recipe For Kids 4.3/5 (27 Votes)