Choco-nuts brioche bread and butter pudding
- - 2 tablespoons of whole hazelnuts
- - 2 tsp brown sugar
- - 2 egg yolks
- - 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- - 12cl milk
- - 15cl low fat whipping cream
- - 6 slices of brioche loaf
- - 120 + 20g milk cooking chocolate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop up the nuts very finely with a knife. Put a frying pan over medium heat and gently lightly brown the nuts. When they become golden, add the sugar, caramelise and pour onto a plate.
Put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat together until smooth and frothy. Heat the milk and cream, mixed together in a saucepan over medium heat, almost to a boil. When the cream is almost boiling, remove from the heat and pour slowly over the beaten eggs and sugar, beating constantly.
Chop finely the 120g of chocolate. Tear in two the slices of brioche loaf and cover the tin with a third of the bread. Pour over half the chocolate, then a third of the hazelnuts, repeat with a layer of bread, chocolate, hazelnuts and finally bread.
Pour over the egg + cream mix and spreading it around well.
Place your tin in a slightly bigger tin, pour a little water in the bottom of the larger one, cover everything with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 175 ° for 25 minutes.
Remove the tin foil and then continue baking for ten more minutes. Then place under a hot grill, just long enough to brown the top.
Sprinkle with the remaining nuts and chocolate cut into chips.
Enjoy still warm.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Risotto with green asparagus,... 4/5 (96 Votes)
- Bread & Butter Pudding 3.5/5 (68 Votes)