- 245g self-raising flour
- 400g white sugar
- 75g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tp baking powder
- 1/2 tp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tp vanilla extract
- 240ml milk
- 240ml water/coffee
- 120ml oil
- 180g dark chocolate
- 226g butter
- 1 1/2 tp vanilla extract
- 230g sifted icing sugar
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease the pan with butter.
Mix self-raising flour, white sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Whisk the eggs. Add milk and whisk. Add oil and mix. Add vanilla extract and mix.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
Bake for about 30min.
Let it cool for 15min before removing from the pan.
Melt dark chocolate using water boil method. Let it cool.
Beat butter at room temperature. Add icing sugar and vanilla and beat till fluffy. May need a few minutes.
Pour in the cooled melted chocolate. Beat till shine, nice and smooth. May take up to a few minutes.
Spread the icing on the cake.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)