Pasta with Pesto, Roast Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
- A large handful of fresh basil leaves (about 3 full stems or about 30 leaves)
- A large handful of fresh mint leaves (about 3 full stems or about 50 leaves)
- A large handful of fresh parsley leaves (the more the merrier)
- A small clump of chives (about 10 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon pine nut kernels
- 1 large slug of olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 1 match-box sized piece of hard cheese (traditionally parmesan
- but we used cheddar!)
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 roasted chicken breasts (cold
- with or without skin)
- Garofalo Dischi Volante pasta 260g (we allow 100g per adult and 60g for Lara)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Tear all of the basil leaves and mint leaves from their stalks and place them in a blender. Put the chives and all of the parsley into the blender (don't bother removing the stalks).
Step 2. Add the pine nut kernels and the cashew nuts (the cashews give the pesto a wonderful creamy texture)
Step 3. Grate the cheese using a very fine grater (avoiding those tiny little finger tips)
Step 4. Add the cheese to the blender with a grind or two of black pepper
Step 5. Pour in a good slug of olive oil. Start with about 2 tablespoons full and then add more if the final mix looks a bit too firm.
Step 6. Blend to a fine paste (fine enough and liquid enough to stir into pasta)
Step 7. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and then cook the pasta to its instructions
Step 8. While the pasta is cooking, slice the cherry tomatoes in half (and eat a few as you go... if you're Lara)
Step 9. Chop the chicken breasts roughly. You can keep the skin on or remove it if you prefer.
Step 10. Drain the pasta and then stir in the chicken slices, tomato halves and all of the pesto mixture before serving.
Step 11. Enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Full English... 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Quorn and vegetable pasta 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Hermitage Roast Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon en croute with pesto and... 3.2/5 (163 Votes)
- Tuna and tomato tart with... 3.7/5 (123 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.