Steamed whole fish
- whole fish
- spring onions
- light soy sauce
- sesame oil
- white pepper
- shao xing wine.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Slice the ginger and spring onions and place them underneath and over the whole fish.
Pour a dash of shao xing wine on the fish and steam the fish over boiled water for 20 min.
Meanwhile, slice the garlic, spring onions and chillies into small slices to garnish the fish later on.
After 20 minutes, remove the fish from the steamer and pour excess oil away. Remove the garlic and spring onions too.
In a frying pan, cook the sauce by mixing light soy sauce, some water, sugar, white pepper and sesame oil.
Pour the sauce over the fish.
Finish it by garnishing the sliced ginger, spring onions and chillies on the fish.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (496 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (227 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.