By Giuseppina Mabilia
- 400 gr of carrots
- 4 eggs
- 15 gr grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fleur de sel guerande
- 400 gr of beef tomatoes
- Sichuan pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash the carrots, cut into slices and let them steam for about 10 minutes. They should be tender.
Place the warm carrots in a blender, add a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of oil, grated ginger and eggs. Mix very fine. Heat the oven to 160 °.
Butter ramekins (4 large or 8 small), pour in the carrot puree, put them in a baking tray and add water in the tray until the ramekins are half immersed in the water to make a bain-marie. Place the tray in the oven. Bake for half an hour.
To see if it's cooked, press on the flan with a finger: it must be firm. Remove them from the oven and leave them to cool in the tray.
Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, cut them into chunks, blend with the remaining oil, salt and a handful of basil.
Cover the bottom of the plates with the raw tomato sauce, place the flans in the middle, sprinkle with some basil leaves and some freshly ground pepper and a drop of oil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (227 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (49 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)