Tunisian Carrot naan bread or Mtabga
- For the dough:
- * 2 cups flour or 500ml
- * 6 tablespoons olive oil
- * 1 tsp salt
- * 1 packet of instant dry yeast
- * 1 tbsp sugar
- * 250ml of warm water
- For the stuffing:
- * 3 large carrots
- * 1/2 grated onion
- * Salt
- tabel (coriander)
- * Harissa and harrouss (dried chili paste in Oriental grocery shops)
- * 3 tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
For the dough:
Mix flour with salt, dig a well and add the other ingredients. Knead the dough, let stand in warm place, after coated with olive oil
Peel carrots, cut into chunks and boil until perfectly cooked. Mash with a fork or pass them through a vegetable mill.
Add to the puree, the grated onion, salt, tabil and caraway, 1 tbls of harissa and 1/3 tbsp of Harouss, and mix with three tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
Take small balls of dough, depending on the size you want your flat cakes to be and spread thinly with the help of a little oil (not flour). Fill a cake, and cover with another dough disc. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Cook the patties 5 minutes per side in a pan without adding fat! You can enjoy these flat cakes hot or cold as a starter or dish with a salad!
Sometimes I make small portions for appetisers.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (296 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)