By Sophie H
- 3 or 4 beef tomatoes
- 1 or 2 onions
- 1 or 2 peppers
- any other roasting veg to use up e.g. butternut squash/sweet potatoes
- chicken thighs/drumsticks (3 each)
- fresh thyme
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Peel (where relevant) and roughly chop all veg and add this and the chicken to the tray.
Add oil, vinegar, herbs and seasoning, toss it all together and spread across the tray (ensuring the chicken isn't covered by the vegetables).
Roast for approx 1 hour (if possible, turn over the chicken and veg half-way through).
This can be prepared the day before and kept in the fridge.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno... 4.7/5 (36 Votes)
- Courgette Cream Soup 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa In a Jar 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Tiramisu of tomato, goats cheese,... 3/5 (146 Votes)
- Pan roast rib of beef with thyme... 3/5 (124 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.