Flourless Chocolate Cake
This tasty treat is a healthy alternative, adding up to only 96 calories in each serving!
- 6oz 70-Percent Dark Chocolate
- 1tbsp Orange Zest
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Overripe Bananas
- 65g Roasted Sweet Potato
- 85g Honey
- 1 Whole Egg
- 3 Egg Whites
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Place 8 (4-ounce) ramekins/custard cups on a large baking sheet and grease each with butter and flour OR line with baking parchment. Set aside.
Combine the chocolate, orange zest, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl over hot boiling water. Be sure to whisk until the chocolate is completely melted.
Blend/puree bananas, sweet potato, and honey until smooth.
Remove the melted chocolate from heat, fold it over the pureed mixture and egg and mix well.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until a soft peak is formed.
Slowly fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
Spoon the completed mix into the ramekins/custard cups, filling them almost to the top.
Bake for approximately 6 to 7 minutes, remove, and serve. The center of each cake should be soft and warm.
For an extra touch, garnish with orange zest for a fruity feel.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (229 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (255 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (255 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)