- 145 g of dark chocolate
- 7 egg yolks
- 250 g of caster sugar
- 300 g butter at room temperature
- 165 g bitter cocoa powder
- 500 g of single cream
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 large box of biscuits
- to be soaked in coffee
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
In a bowl, put the 7 egg yolks and sugar. Beat for about 2 minutes. Gently mix in the melted chocolate to the eggs with a wooden soon.
In another bowl, soften the butter. Gently pour in the cocoa powder. Pour this mix into the bowl with the sugar, egg and melted chocolate mixture.
In a bowl with an electric mixer, whisk the cream and icing sugar into a whipped cream and add to the mixture above and continue to whisk.
Soak in the biscuits and line a cake mould with them (whatever shape). Pour the cream mix into the mould.
Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
Remove from the mould before serving on a plate.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (261 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Chocolate mousse cake 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Yeasty Plum Cake 4/5 (71 Votes)
- Microwave chocolate loaf cake 4.1/5 (66 Votes)