Light chocolate cake with caramel sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
For the chocolate cakes:
Break the chocolate and melt in a double boiler. Stir in the diced butter, softened at room temperature .
Mix in a separate bowl the sugar (100 g) and eggs until frothy. Mix the egg and sugar + chocolate with a wooden spatula. Add 40 g of sifted flour and mix.
Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Grease and flour 4 aluminium ramekins. Fill the ramekins to 3/4. Place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes - or you can prepare them the day before.
Turn the cakes upside down onto a plate. Wait 3 minutes before removing the moulds. Drizzle with the salted butter caramel sauce.
How to make the salted butter caramel sauce:
In a saucepan, melt 200g of sugar with 3 tablespoons of cold water (small bubbles appear when the caramel is done). When the caramel is brown, turn off the heat and add 50g of salted butter (room temperature) - then stir in 1 dl of cream (taken out the fridge in advance).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
- Runny salted butter caramel cake 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Creamy caramel custard 3.6/5 (70 Votes)