A really simple and tasty Baileys dessert
- 100g butter unsalted
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 450g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 50g grated chocolate for the top
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Crush the digestives and add to a pan of melted butter until the butter is absorbed. Add to a tin and leave to set in the fridge for an hour.
Beat the cream cheese until soft, beat in icing sugar and Baileys, the amount of Baileys depends on how strong you like it, I usually use 2 small shot glasses of it.
Whip the cream and fold into the cream cheese mixture. Smooth on top of the biscuit base and leave to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
Grate some chocolate on the top before serving (I like toblerone on top but any chocolate will do)>
Similar recipes say to use Philidelphia but I find a cheap value cream cheese works just as well, the same applies with value digestives and any Irish cream liquer which can be bought at a fraction of the price of the branded products.
This can easily be left in the fridge overnight so if you are planning on using it at a dinner party it is a good idea to do it the night before to take the pressure off and give you less to do on the day.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Skittles Cheesecake 3.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (204 Votes)
- Lithuanian Baked Cheesecake 3.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Chocolate & berry mousse pots 3.7/5 (116 Votes)
- Chocolate Cheesecake 3.8/5 (96 Votes)