Ravi's Grandma's Samosas
- 500 mL flour
- 125 mL vegetable oil
- 2 mL salt
- 160 mL lukewarm water
- 500 mL mashed potatoes
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 30 mL fresh ginger (chopped)
- 250 mL peas
- 5 mL black pepper
- 5 mL curry powder
- 75 mL vegetable oil
- 10 mL cumin seed
- salt to taste
- chopped tomato
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put flour, salt, and oil in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add water and knead into soft dough.
Heat oil for filling. Add onion, cumin, and ginger, cooking about 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add tomato and stir.
Add rest of ingredients, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Roll out a very thin sheet of pastry, 6" in diameter.
Cut sheet of pastry in half, and twist into cone, sealing edges.
Add filling to cone and seal other edge
Deep fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (244 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Syrian Za'atar Breads 3.4/5 (140 Votes)