Ravi's Grandma's Samosas
- 500 mL flour
- 125 mL vegetable oil
- 2 mL salt
- 160 mL lukewarm water
- 500 mL mashed potatoes
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 30 mL fresh ginger (chopped)
- 250 mL peas
- 5 mL black pepper
- 5 mL curry powder
- 75 mL vegetable oil
- 10 mL cumin seed
- salt to taste
- chopped tomato
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put flour, salt, and oil in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add water and knead into soft dough.
Heat oil for filling. Add onion, cumin, and ginger, cooking about 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add tomato and stir.
Add rest of ingredients, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Roll out a very thin sheet of pastry, 6" in diameter.
Cut sheet of pastry in half, and twist into cone, sealing edges.
Add filling to cone and seal other edge
Deep fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (492 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)