Cabbage Balushka or Cabbage and Noodles
This Hungarian favorite is cabbage, onions, and egg noodles cooked in butter. Salt and pepper to taste. So easy, so good.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 head cabbage
- cored and chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender but still slightly firm, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
Melt butter in a large skillet or wok over medium heat; cook and stir onion until browned, about 8 minutes.
Cook and stir cabbage into onions until cabbage has wilted, another 5 to 8 minutes.
Gently stir cooked noodles into cabbage mixture; season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (151 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.