Bellissimo Spaghetti Bolognese
Using spaghetti and quorn mince to make a beautiful tasting dish, perfect for busy people
Cook to impress with this Italian classic!
- 1 onion
- Chillies- 2-3 (optional)
- Can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Spaghetti (about 2 -3 handfuls)
- Quorn mince (350g)
- Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- sprinkling (optional)
- Oil- 1-2 tablespoons
- Peas- (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Boil the spaghetti in salty water until tender, leave to drain, normally about 10 minutes.While waiting for the spaghetti to cook, peel and chop the onions, chillies and cloves of garlic finely.
Put oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic, allow to brown and then add the whole can of chopped tomatoes, chillies, and all the spices mentioned above. Allow to cook. While waiting for the spices to cook wash the quorn in a sieve under cold water- keep stirring the mixture.
Once the spices have blended into the mixture add the quorn and peas allow to cook for about 8-10 minutes. Remember to stir your mixture.
You are now ready to serve your quorn mince, place on top of pasta and enjoy!
Keep stirring your mixture you don't want anything to stick.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Stuffed butternut squash 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.